Celebrity Photos Fashion

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Resources & Info for Dressing Vintage {Achieving a Vintage Look Part 1}


On Formspring I was asked the following question, "How can I easily achieve a Vintage look??" I decided to take this question and make a whole series dedicated to the subject {it will be a short series}. =)



Stores -

The easiest way to buy vintage inspired {or real vintage} clothing is from the following stores.




{I've own a dress from them that I won in a giveaway.}


Sewing - 

Another great way to get vintage looking clothing is to buy vintage patterns and make your own clothes. This is what I do. =) I find my patterns from Antique Malls/Stores {this is the big one for me} and online vintage pattern stores. 

Vintage {Original Patterns}

So Vintage Patterns 
{I bought my first vintage pattern from this site.}

{I've bought many patterns from her.}




Reproduction 

{I bought several of their patterns while at Costume College last year.}



{The first one is vintage inspired. While the second is taken from their archives.}

Sense & Sensibility Patterns - 1940s Swing Dress Pattern

Blog Posts - 

Va Voom Vintage - 

Latter I'll show you the ways I dress vintage. And blogs of other people who do so. Next up...1940's make-up.

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion