Celebrity Photos Fashion

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Who Inspires Me (Fashion Wise) - Grace Kelly


“Who Inspires Me” (Fashion Wise) will be a new series that I will try to do once every 2-3 weeks, or even once a month. =) My first post will be on Grace Kelly. Grace Kelly, a lady whose style matches her name - Graceful. Though I have never seen a film with Grace Kelly I love her style.

Her wedding dress is one of my favorite weddings dresses ever! She is also the only actress I have a book on; which I recommend picking up. It is called, Grace Kelly: Icon of Style to Royal Bride and it has lovely pictures and even has a section on her wedding dress. :)


Some of my favorite outfits/pictures of Grace Kelly are the following:

 This look can easily be worn today. It is only a simple button down shirt, cardigan, skirt, and belt; very simple, yet stylish.

One of my favorite causal looks. Jeans (rolled up slightly), button down shirt, and penny loafers.

I LOVE this dress from High Society!

This lovely  dress is from Rear Window.

A lovely party dress! Very modest too.

So far I have recreated only one of her dresses. And it is her fancy dress seen in Rear Window (1954) with Jimmy Stewart. 


My version has two changes from hers, I raised my necklines (in front and back), and my over-skirt has no embroidery, instead it sparkles. =)

 


::My version::



I know you all are going to ask, 'what pattern did you use?' Yes? Well, I drafted it. Meaning I made my own pattern. =) And this was my first try, back in 2008.

_______________________________________

What is your favorite Grace Kelly outfit or movie?

~Ashley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion