Celebrity Photos Fashion

Monday, May 17, 2010

Pattern Review - Butterick 5249




Pattern: B5249. I used view A, minus the belt loops.

Pattern Description: MISSES’ SKIRT AND BELT: Skirts A, B, C, D have princess seams, back zipper and high waist. A, C: carriers and self-belt with purchased buckle. B, D: side front pleats and pockets. C, D: self-ruffle. A, B, C, D: mid-knee length.

Pattern Sizing: 6-20. I made it a size up (12) from my normal (10), as my hips are my biggest measurement.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use them. For this is a really basic pattern.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I can easily make this in a hour and a half. Hurray!

Fabric Used: Flannel from Joann Fabrics. =)

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't add the belt loops and I left off the facing. Instead, I used double-fold bias tape around the top, my favorite waist treatment. I also had to add two darts on top, as there was a gap around my waist.

Would you sew it again? Yes! I love pencil skirts!

Would you recommend it to others? Yes!

~Ashley

P.S.
If you haven't already, check out our latest giveaway! It ends on Tuesday at Midnight EST.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Photos Fashion